Inform search engines about pages on your site that are available for crawling.
With iGooMap, you can automatically create XML Sitemaps conforming to the protocol, upload to your server and notify all search engines supporting sitemaps. iGooMap will help you to improve your site's visibility in search results and might even help you to diagnose problems.
The Sitemap protocol is an established standard to inform major search engines like Google about pages on your site available for crawling, how often each page will usually change and how important each page is, in relation to other pages on your site. Nowadays, having a Sitemap is an important factor of search engine optimization. It is usually the only up-to-date page where all of your pages are listed in one place.
- Easy handling, just enter the URL of your website.
- You can scan multiple websites at once.
- Automatically apply defaults for priority, change frequency and date modified.
- Ability to pause and continue website scans.
- Respects your robots.txt file.
- Exclude files or folders from scanning with filters.
- You can set file extensions to be scanned and listed.
- You can specify parameters to remove from each URL, like session IDs, to prevent redundant or incomplete crawling.
- Only working URLs are included in the listing.
- Shows you the rejected links while scanning, the corresponding reasons and the referring pages.
- Import of an existing sitemap XML file or a text file containing URLs; either from local files or from your server.
- Edit the settings of scanned or imported URLs easily in the list.
- Add, remove or edit the URLs listed individually or in batch.
- Apply URL settings like priority by importing from an existing sitemap.
- Save each sitemap configuration in a document for easy maintenance.
- Export as sitemap XML file or URL listing.
- Supports compressed sitemaps to save bandwidth (GZip).
- Generate Sitemaps conforming to the XML Sitemap protocol standard.
- Integrated FTP and SFTP sitemap upload to your server.
- Automatic search engine notifications.
Introduced in 2005 by Google, XML Sitemaps (aka "Google Sitemaps") are also supported by other major search engines. Further information about Sitemaps can be found at the official web site (www.sitemaps.org - set up by Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft).